In the near future, the Navy develops a fighter jet piloted by an artificial intelligence computer. The jet is placed on an aircraft carrier in the Pacific to learn combat manuevers from the human pilots aboard. But when the computer develops a mind of its own, it's the humans who are charged with stopping it before it incites a war... - Written by email@example.com 
Errors and Explanations - Internet Movie DatabaseEdit
- When the UCAV is first taken for a test run, Lt. Ben Gannon is heard to say "Let the schoolin' begin!" right before the fighters break formation, yet on the screens in the command center showing facial shots of each pilot you can clearly see his mouth is not moving.He could be a ventriloquist - after all, the ability to throw your voice could be a useful skill for a combat pilot.
An elite combatant would not fire a missile in a close-quarters situation, especially when other weapons are available. Anyone with just moderate training would know how to choose the right weapon for the right job. Is this interesting? | Share this
- Survival training must not have been a high priority for these elite pilots. Breaking radio silence over enemy territory to relay unimportant information and drawing attention to oneself while attempting to evade are just a couple of the errors these aviators make.These 'errors' could be part of a ploy to confuse the enemy.
Errors in geographyEdit
- The USS Abraham Lincoln is located in the Philippine Sea. The three Talons and the EDI fly westwards, to Myanmar. It is daylight in the Philippine Sea but night-time in Myanmar. Although it is conceivable that they were flying from dawn westwards to where it was still just before dawn, there were a lot of people and traffic on the street, which would have indicated that it was early evening in Myanmar.maybe there are a lot of early risers or night workers in Myanmar?
- The hi-rise bilding that is blow-up by the bomb is supposed to be in Rangoon Burma. But since scenes of the movie were shot in Thailand and they had a Thai staff, the building was actually CGI-ed in on the west side of the highway leading from downtown Bangkok to the old airport at Don Muang. Watch the cars on the nearby highway. They are driving on the wrong side of the road. Thailand follows the British style of driving on the left. Although they were (and likely because they were) a British colony, Burma followed that style for decades, but a few years ago (in a statement of independence) they flipped the entire roadway system to drive on the right.They could have swithched back for some reason by the time this film is set.
- When the Talons are about to get catapulted off the Lincoln early in the movie, one is shown with the yellow chocks around the wheels, and steel chains and hooks still attached holding it down to the deck to prevent movement. This is not the standard configuration for a jet just seconds from being catapulted airborne.They could be testing a quick release system.
- When Lt. Gannon dives towards the building from many miles up, it is impossible not to black out from the ascent and the descent.Either he has higher than average G-tolerance, the Talon has some sort of enhanced super efficient anti-G device, or both.
- In the war game scenario at the beginning, the planes are getting heckled by both Anti-Aircraft Artillery and Surface-to-Air Missiles. SAMs are only useful when the planes are flying above 500 feet, however, so they should have been no problem. Likewise AAA does not criss-cross as shown, for fear of destroying each other.This could be a deliberate attempt to give the 'defenders' an unfair advantage.
Lt. Wade's punch put co-ords are given as 38 54 45N, by 127 31 22E. However, this point is about 40 to 50 miles from the Korean border. No the 12.2 miles that EDI states later on.EDI could be lying.